BOATING & CRUISE SHIP ACCIDENTS
A relatively large number of boating and cruise ship accidents occur in Florida due to the state's extensive coastline, popularity for recreational boating, and multiple ports of embarkation for cruise ships. When a boat or cruise ship owner's negligence leads to an injury or death, legal action can be taken to help the victim or the surviving family members obtain financial compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and emotional pain and suffering.
People suffer various types of injuries on a vacation cruise:
- Slip and fall accidents on wet or uneven surfaces
- Slip and fall accidents due to cruise ship maneuvering
- Water slide, wave pool, and swimming pool accidents
- Accidents on cruise line-approved excursions at ports of call
- Sexual assault or physical assault by crew members or other passengers
- Contaminated food resulting in severe illness
- Medical negligence when inadequate arrangements are made to treat injured passengers at ports in other countries. The treating doctors may not be qualified or have proper medical equipment, leading to wrong diagnosis and/or improper treatment.
If you were a passenger of a boat or cruise ship and were injured, you may be able to hold the boat or cruise ship owner liable. Time is of the essence, so if you are interested in learning how you can take legal action against the person who negligently hurt you or a loved one, contact us at Marc A. Kaufman & Associates. Your initial consultation is free, and we will provide our legal services at no cost to you unless we are able to secure a settlement or jury verdict on your behalf. It is important that the personal injury attorney you hire has the experience to handle your case and the commitment to go to trial if and when it becomes necessary to try your case. Marc A. Kaufman & Associates has well over 30 years of experience representing victims of boating and cruise ship accidents in the state of Florida. We strive to maximize each client's recovery while providing exceptional and professional legal service.